10 of the most salty foods.
Salt – is not just a condiment, it plays a vital role in metabolism. However, people often consume more salt than they need. As a result, a significantly increased risk of heart attacks and hypertension. To avoid this, you should give up the 10 most salty foods.
1. First place in our ranking took obvious salt champions. 30 g of potato chips contain 149 mg of salt. Their colleagues in the wrecking shop from Germany ? pretzels – contain 385 mg of sodium. Councils there is no, except that just delete from your diet, these foods once and for all.
2. Frozen dinners. It is quick, easy and terribly salty. 150 g of chicken with rice may contain more than 787 mg of sodium. To verify this, read the package.
3. Breakfast cereals. Unexpectedly, however, some types of breakfast cereals with added fat may contain up to 360 mg of sodium. One can only wonder – what in the product, which we fill with milk, so much salt? The Council then one – carefully read the packaging.
4. Vegetable juices. Packaged vegetable juices contain a lot of salt – to 653 mg per cup. Especially a lot of salt is in tomato juice, where salt acts as a preservative. Try to make vegetable juices yourself.
5. Canned vegetables. Canned vegetables can be an excellent replacement fresh. Unfortunately, they often come in sauces or in the “au jus”, which contain large amounts of salt. For example, a handful of canned corn can contain up to 720 mg of sodium. To get rid of it, just rinse the vegetables under the water.
6. Processed meat products. This is a chop, ham, which are often delivered in a cellophane package. Two pieces of the meat can break all records on the content of salt ? 362 mg! We advise you to opt out of the processed meat products in favor of fresh beef or chicken.
7. Soups. A mug of hot fragrant soup can contain up to 900 mg of sodium. Of course, if you are not prepared for it themselves.
8. Sauces. A tablespoon of soy sauce contains 1024 mg of salt. Teriyaki sauce in Japanese food contains almost 700 mg of sodium. A tablespoon of ketchup – 167 mg. Spaghetti sauce – up to 525 mg. Change it all on apple cider vinegar or lemon juice.
9. Spices. Sometimes manufacturers put salt in ready-mix. Do not buy them, prefer spices without additives.
10. Peanuts. Tasty nuts are often sprinkled with useful lots of salt. Small packing roasted peanuts contain 230 mg of salt. Buy nuts in weight, in that their form, they are rarely sold salted.